What's Happening in Denison March 20 – 25
Thursday, March 20 – Sunday, March 23
- Omaha’s Original & Premier Home Show! March 20-23, 2014 at the CENTURYLINK CENTER. Find out more at: www.omahomeshow.com.
Friday, March 21
- 60th Anniversary of Donna Reed’s Oscar (cont.’d): 7:00 pm, American Icon Series: Screening of “The Far Horizons”
Saturday, March 22
- 60th Anniversary of Donna Reed’s Oscar (cont.’d): 7:00 pm, American Icon Series: Screening of “From Here to Eternity”
Saturday, March 22 – Sunday, March 23
- Home & Garden Living Show: Located in the National Guard Armory in Denison. 11 am – 4 pm both days. For more information call 712.263.2122 or 800.657.5889.
- Paranormal Investigation at the Historic Klondike Hotel in Manilla: WANA GI Paranormal Investigations –WGPI will be hosting 2 sessions from 6pm – 9pm & 9pm – midnight. We have been able to capture many EVP’s, communicate through a ghost box, communicate with K2’s, taken many possible Orb photos and much more. The cost for each session is $25.00 per person. If you are interested please call or text Michele at 712.269.6817.
Sunday, March 23
- 60th Anniversary of Donna Reed’s Oscar (cont.’d): 2:00 pm and 7:00 pm, American Icon Series: “Dear Donna” Production.
- Dow City Methodist Church Baked Potato Bar, Salads & Desserts included $8 Adults $4 for 5 & Under. Dow City Community Building 11am – 1pm.
Sunday, March 23 – Saturday, March 29
ISU EXTENSION WEEK:
- Friday, March 21 – Kick-Off Event
- Bring a TAP item to Crawford Cinema and enjoy a FREE movie at 1pm & 3pm.
- Monday, March 24 – Partner Thank You Day
- Crawford County Extension will be delivering a thank you items around the county.
- Tuesday, March 25 – Celebrate Youth Day
- All 3rd graders will be receiving goodie bags in Crawford County.
- Wednesday, March 26 – Art Appreciation Day
- Coloring contest K-6 will be displayed at the Crawford County Extension office 35 S. Main Street, Denison. Bring a TAP item in, winners will be in the newspaper.
- Thursday, March 27th – Trivia Day
- Extension Trivia Contest on KDSN. Winners can pick up their prizes at the Extension office by Thursday.
- Friday, March 28th – Open House Day
- Stop by the Crawford County Extension Office between 9am-2pm, share snacks with us and learn about all our great programs and activities. Bring a TAP item to “Feed our Community.”
Tuesday, March 25
- Lunch and Learn: Every Tuesday at Noon throughout the Live Healthy Iowa Challenge! The Buy Eat Live Healthy lunch and learns are FREE to participants, at Noon at CCMH. Seats are limited so please RSVP by calling the Extension office 712.263.4687712.263.4687.
- Schleswig Community School KINDERGARTEN ROUND-UP Meeting with Parents 6:30 p.m. If your child will be five years old by September 15, 2014, he/she will be eligible to attend kindergarten. Please call Robin at (712) 676-3313(712) 676-3313 with your child’s name, birthdate, parent’s name, email and mailing address.
- Residents living in and around the Denison community can be screened to reduce their risk of having a stroke or bone fracture. First United Methodist Church, 113 South 14th Street in Denison, will host Life Line Screening on March 25. Packages start at $149. All five screenings take 60 to 90 minutes to complete. For more information regarding the screenings or to schedule an appointment, call 1-877-237-1287 or visit our website at www.lifelinescreening.com. Pre-registration is required.