What's Happening in Denison March 1 – 8
Here’s what’s happening in Denison.
Saturday, March 1
- The prize in this Saturday’s Jackpot Grand Giveaway will be $680 and the names of two potential winners will be announced at noon at participating businesses.
- Dairy Queen in Denison opens for the spring & summer season!
- March 1-7: Zion Lutheran School in Denison is celebrating Lutheran Schools Week: The theme for this year is “Witness Always.” Many activities will be taking place throughout the week. For more information, contact the school office at 712-263-4766.
Monday, March 3
- NCRC Testing: Community NCRC testing at WITCC in Denison: This is a FREE offer and will take place from 5-9 pm. Show employers concrete proof of skills achieved by earning your certificate. Space is limited, so reserve your spot today by calling Iowa Works at 712-792-2685.
- Holly VanHeel, ISU Extension nutrition and health program specialist, will explore ways to support a child being responsible for their food choices and physical activity and discuss ways to introduce new foods to the pickiest child. Participants will have an opportunity to practice strategies to handle feeding issues and receive a packet of information for their registration fee of $10. This program will be offered at the Crawford County Extension and Outreach office at 35 South Main Street in Denison on Monday, March 3, beginning at 6:30 p.m. Call the Crawford County Extension office at 712-263-4697 to reserve a seat.
Wednesday, March 5
- Ambassador Call at Touch of Class: at 8:30 am. Join us to help them celebrate their 30th year in Business! Be sure to check out their specials during the entire month. Located at 26 S Main St. in Denison.
Thursday, March 6
- ANNIE’s Project: Starting today for 6 weeks, March 13, 20, 27, April 3 & 10. The cost is $75 per person. Classes will be held from 6-9 pm at Western Iowa Community College Denison Campus. Meals will be served at 5:45 prior to class. This is a program for farm women. You will learn farm management skills in a comfortable setting. This will also be a great networking opportunity. Register online at www.aep.iastate.edu/annie.
Friday, March 7
- First Friday Films presents “Soul Surfer”: At the Donna Reed Theatre. Only $5. 7:00pm show time. Sponsored by Our Savior Lutheran Church.
Saturday, March 8
- On March 8, the Denison FFA will host the Southwest District FFA Convention. The contest areas are Creed Speaking, Conduct of Meetings, Parliamentary Procedure, Chapter Program (POA) slide show, Job Interview, Prepared Public Speaking, Extemporaneous Speaking, Ag Sales, Ag Broadcasting, Ag CSI (for middle school), Ag Impact, Experience the Action, Ag Discussion Meet, Ag Issues and Perception and Welding. Community members are needed to serve as judges for the many contest areas. Those interested are asked to contact Dana Weeda at firstname.lastname@example.org or 712-263-3101.