The concierge position will be a central hub for everyone in the office as team members will coordinate with and rely upon this position for a variety of services and information. General duties will include greeting people, answering the phone, processing mail, preparing client facing materials such as quotes, auto id cards, certificates of insurance, proposals, and other documents as needed. General duties also include assisting team members with their duties.
- Must be able to obtain an Insurance License and be appointed with companies
- Must be able to use a suite of Microsoft office products at a basic level.
- Must be able to speak English and Spanish fluently
- Must be able to do basic math skills and simple calculations involving decimals and fractions.
- Physical efforts required including keyboarding, repetitive small motor activity, reaching, stopping, standing, and lifting light objects under 10 pounds frequently and occasionally larger packages up to 50 pounds.
- Process basic client services such as payments, auto ID Cards, Vehicle changes, applications, and cancellations
- Ensures confidentiality of client information
- Document actions and information in Agency Management System. Keep records of customer interactions, documents, comments, and details.
- Provide quotes as needed to assist with new client sales
- Receive phone calls and route to the correct person
- Ensure cleanliness and organization of office
- Responsible for ordering office supplies and maintaining agency supplies
OUR CORE VALUES
Exhibit Teamwork and Be Helpful
- Exhibits openness to others’ views and gives and welcomes feedback. Contributes to building a positive team spirit and is a valuable member of team projects and activities. Puts success of team above own interest. Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed and adds value when appropriate.
Be Happy and Friendly and Fun
- Shows up for work with a positive mental attitude and in good spirits. Exhibits proper interpersonal skills to keep emotions under control and remain open to others ideas. Treats co-workers and clients with respect and shows a friendly personality.
Be Accountable and Ethical in your actions.
- Show appropriate judgment and is accountable for own individual work, actions, and projects. The quality of work is accurate, and proper procedures and workflows are followed. All work is done in a manner that is the right thing for the company and the client without compromising values. Co-workers can count on you when needed.
Show a Positive Attitude and Be Motivated.
- Has a "do what it takes" mentality to stay on task and motivated to meet deadlines. Is motivated to improve and overcome obstacles. Is continually trying to improve not only personally but also professionally.
Be Service Minded and Deliver Value
- Shows proper planning and organization to prioritize activities and meet deadlines. Able to problem solve by analyzing the information and developing appropriate solutions. Able to use proper oral and written communications to present the information in a way that is client focused and understandable.
Thams Agency is an insurance office headquartered in Denison with offices in Avoca, IA and Des Moines, IA. We use the latest technology to provide cutting edge services to our clients. We are a growing company that isn’t looking for employees, but awesome team members who are dedicated to having fun and taking care of people in the best most authentic way they know how. We're not just another insurance agency — we're trying to change the game, and we want folks who truly enjoy working with people and helping them, to take us to the next level.
What's more, we love to have fun!
We offer a flexible 35-40 hour work with week paid holidays, Paid Time Off, Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability and SIMPLE IRA contribution match.
This position starts at $15 an hour.
If you are interested, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last Updated 07/2021