What's Happening in Denison IA Feb 7-13
What’s Happening in Denison, IA Feb 7-13
Friday, February 7, 2014
- First Friday Films presents “Wizard of OZ”: At the Donna Reed Theatre. Tickets are only $5. The movie will begin at 7:00pm. This month’s event is sponsored by Tyson’s in Denison.
- Women in Business Coffee: from 8:30-9:30am at United Bank of Iowa in Denison. This month’s sponsor is United Bank of Iowa and they will be providing refreshments for the meeting. Membership is Free and all women are welcome to attend.
- Denison 7-8 G at Harlan, 4 p.m.
- Denison-Schleswig JV/V G vs. Clarinda at Denison, 6 p.m. w Denison-Schleswig JV/V B at Clarinda, 6 p.m.
- Ar-We-Va G-B vs. West Harrison at Westside, 6 p.m.
- Boyer Valley G-B vs. Paton-Churdan at Churdan, 6 p.m.
- Charter Oak-Ute G-B vs. Adair-Casey at Charter Oak, 6 p.m.
- IKM-Manning G-B at Missouri Valley, 6 p.m.
Saturday, February 8
- Bowling:Denison-Schleswig G-B vs. O-A/BC-IG, Le Mars at Ida Grove, 1 p.m
- The Beatles tribute band “The Cavern Beat” at the Donna Reed Theatre – American Icon Series presented by The Donna Reed Foundation. Event will begin at 7:00pm. Tickets are $15 – Reserved seating is available.
- Legislative Coffee 10:00am to 11:30am at Cronk’s Restaurant in the Angus Room. Come to share your thoughts and concerns with our legislators.: Representative Jason Schultz, Representative Daniel Muhlbauer, Senator Nancy Boettger and Senator Mark Segebart.
- This Saturday, February 8, the Grand Giveaway jackpot will start over at $340 in scrip money and the name of one potential winner will be announced at noon. The jackpot grows by $340 each Saturday a potential winner is not at a participating business at noon when his or her name is announced. The Jackpot Grand Giveaway is sponsored by the Denison Bulletin and Review and participating businesses.
- The Crawford County Cattlemen’s Association will conduct its annual banquet this Saturday, February 8, at the Schleswig Community Building. The social hour will begin at 6 p.m. and a ribeye steak dinner by Staley’s Catering will be served at 7 p.m. Tickets cost $15 and can be purchased from any director of the Crawford County Cattlemen’s Association or at the door the night of the event.
- Members of the Denison Area Branch, American Association of University Women (AAUW) will meet at noon on Saturday, February 8, at Cronk’s Café in Denison. Reservations can be made by calling Norma Coret at 712-647-2239. Guests are welcome. Pattie Ritchie, of Denison, will address “Women in Elected Offices.”
- The Boy Scouts of Troop 55 in Denison will conduct their February paper drive on Saturday, February 8, at the Pronto parking lot. The Boy Scouts will be there from 9 a.m. until 1 p.m. to help individuals unload their tied, bundled or sacked newspapers.
Tuesday, February 11
- Lunch and Learn for Live Healthy Iowa Challenge: Lunches will be held every Tuesday at Noon throughout the Live Healthy Iowa Challenge! The Buy Eat Live Healthy lunch and learns are FREE to all participants who are signed up for the Live Healthy Iowa Challenge. The event will be held at Noon at the Crawford County Memorial Hospital located at 100 Medical Parkway in Denison. For more information on the Buy Eat Live Healthy Lunch and Learn, contact the Crawford County Extension, at 712-263-4697 or email email@example.com.
- The Crawford County Hunger Fighters and the Siouxland Food Bank will host their next food distribution on Wednesday, February 12, at Our Savior Lutheran Church, 500 North 24th Street in Denison. Food at the event is made available to Crawford County families and individuals in need of assistance. A numbering system will be used for line order. Registration starts at 2:30 p.m. with the distribution to follow.
Thursday, February 13
- Business After Hours At The Glidden House: From 4:00-6:00pm. It is going to be a “Valentine’s Day” theme. We will be celebrating their award from The Iowa Lodging Association for the “2013 Innkeeper of the year!” Located at 2640 Donna Reed Road. Please RSVP to Clarice at 263.2238. If you RSVP “Yes or No” your name will be put into a drawing for A FREE NIGHT’S STAY AT THE GLIDDEN HOUSE.