What's Happening in Denison April 4 – 13
Friday, April 4, 2014
- First Friday Films presents “The Cowboys”: At the Donna Reed Theatre. Only $5. 7:00pm show time. Sponsored by Holt for House.
- Ar-We-Va Rocket Booster Club hosts: “Dueling Pianos,” Westside Community Building. Doors open at 7 p.m., with the show from 8-11 p.m. Call Cheryl Vetter, 790-0362, to inquire about reserving a table for eight. Individual tickets on sale for $25 per person in advance or at the door. Food will be served by the Westside Community Club.
- Women in Business Coffee: from 8:30-9:30am. At Cronk’s in Denison. Membership is Free and unless it is a sponsored event, all participants will be responsible to pay for their own refreshments.
- Easter Salad Luncheon at Zion Lutheran Church: Event is from 11am to 1pm and is hosted by the Zion Evening Guild. Cost is $7 per person and is located in the Gymnasium at Zion. Contact the church office for more information at 712-263-2235.
- Track and Field: Charter Oak-Ute G at Ridge View Invitational at Holstein, 4 p.m.
Saturday, April 5
- First Friday Films presents a Saturday screening of “The Cowboys”: At the Donna Reed Theatre. Only $5. 2:00pm show time. Sponsored by Holt for House.
- The second annual “Fiesta Mariachi” will take place this Saturday, April 5, at Denison High School. Tickets are on sale now through Friday at Denison High School or Denison Middle School Tickets are $10 for ages 12 and older, $5 for ages 5 through 11, and under 5 are free. Tickets must be purchased by Friday, April 4. Tickets will not be available at the door. Doors will open at 5:30 p.m. on Saturday at Denison High School and food will be served at 6 p.m., with music to follow.
- United Church Westside, Annual Windsor Chop Supper: Featuring chops by Lidderdale Country Store, potatoes, vegetable, and a huge salad bar. Tickets are $10 or $5 for children 5 and under. Serving is from 5-8 p.m. at the Westside Community Building.
- Art Exhibition of Maria Antonia Avalos Esposito at the Donna Reed Foundation Performing Arts Hall, Broadway. Maria Antonia Avalos Esposito was born in Paraguay where she studied painting and ceramics. She completed her studies in the “School of Art – Argentina de Bellos Artes” in Buenos Aires, Argentina. Maria Antonia’s work has been displayed in Galleries Nationally, Locally and in Private Studios both in Argentina and in the United States. Maria Antonia has won numerous awards for her painting in Argentina and here in the United States. Saturday, April 5 – 5:00 PM to 8:00 PM and Sunday, April 6 – 10:00 AM to 8:00 PM.
Sunday, April 6
- Westside Bingo: returns to its evening schedule for the warm-weather months. Doors open at 5 p.m., with supper served. Quarter Cards at 6 p.m. and Regular Bingo at 6:30 p.m.
- Leslie Reynolds CH., in conjunction with the non-profit organization Health Awareness Clinics, will conduct two free hypnosis seminars for help in weight loss and smoking cessation. The first free seminar will be at 7 p.m. on Wednesday, April 9, at Boulders Conference Center, 2507 Boulders Drive, Denison. The second seminar will be at 7 p.m. on Thursday, April 10, at the Carrollton Inn, 1730 Highway 71 North, Carroll. A $5 donation will be appreciated at the seminars.
Friday, April 11 – Sunday, April 13
- “Within the Law” A live performance of a play performed in Denison in 1917: Local actors will reenact this iconic play about a young woman who is released from prison and seeks revenge on her former employer for her false imprisonment. Directed by Pat Fleshner. Tickets are $10 ea. Students 18 and under $5. The Donna Reed Foundation at 712-263-3334 or email@example.com