Iowa Business Auto Insurance – Protection for your company
At Thams Agency we know that you want the best Iowa business auto insurance coverage at the lowest price. That’s what we want too. No one wants to overpay for auto insurance. We provide business auto insurance solutions that meet your specific needs. Our staff is extremely knowledgeable and very experienced, and we are are committed to providing a customer experience unlike any other.
Automobile Insurance serves as a safeguard against financial hardship in the event of an auto accident and assists in paying for damages if your company vehicle(s) is damaged, starts on fire or is stolen. Every state, with the exception of New Hampshire, requires all drivers to carry liability insurance.
Types of Coverage
A basic Automobile Insurance policy contains the following six types of coverage:
Bodily Injury Liability and Property Damage Liability
- Liability Insurance covers the costs of damage that you may do to others, including property damage and bodily harm. It also covers legal fees, if you were the driver who caused the accident.
- Property Damage Liability coverage compensates to replace or repair property that you destroy (other vehicles, fences, buildings, etc.).
- Bodily Injury coverage compensates for medical bills and lost wages. It also pays for pain and suffering damages up to your policy limits.
- Pays to repair your own vehicle after an accident.
- Coverage applies after deductible is met.
- Pays for damages to your car that were not caused by an accident, such as fire, theft, vandalism, natural disasters, hitting an animal, etc.
- Glass coverage is also covered under this portion of the policy.
- Coverage applies after deductible is met.
- Medical Payments (MedPay) coverage compensates for medical expenses for the driver and his/her passengers as a result of an accident, regardless of who was at fault.
- Personal Injury Protection and No-Fault Coverage
- Personal Injury Protection (PIP) coverage pays for medical expenses and lost wages for the driver and his/her passengers who are injured in an accident. PIP also covers funeral expenses, and is required in 16 states.
- No-fault coverage pays for losses, regardless of who was at-fault in the accident.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorists Coverage
- Uninsured Motorist (UM) coverage pays for medical bills if you are hit by a driver who does not have automobile insurance or if you are involved in a hit and run accident. This coverage is required in many states.
- Underinsured Motorist (UIM) coverage takes effect when you are hit by a driver who does not have enough automobile insurance to cover all of your medical bills. In this circumstance, the at-fault driver’s insurance would pay to its maximum, and then UIM would cover the remainder up to your maximum.
- In some states, UM and UIM cover property damage.
There are also several add-ons available to beef up your automobile coverage and ensure that your business vehicles are properly covered:
- Rental Reimbursement coverage pays for a rental car if your vehicle is lost or stolen.
- Towing and Labor coverage pays for fees as a result of breakdowns.
- Gap coverage for new vehicles pays the difference between the actual cash value of the vehicle and the remainder left on a vehicle loan, if the vehicle is totaled.
Thams Agency understands that your company vehicles need protecting and we are here to help. Put the team at Thams Agency to work for you. Contact us today or call us at 712-263-3193.
Our clients say it best….
After switching to Thams, I feel like I am getting as good, maybe even slightly better property insurance coverage for a whole lot less money. As long as the premium does not take any significant jumps in the next few years then I believe this was a great switch to Thams. Very friendly staff. I feel like I should have gone to see them many years ago.
Brian E.Customer since 2014
We feel that we have professionals serving our every need at the Thams Agency whether it be house, auto, or health. One stop takes care of all of our insurance needs, and we know it’s done right. P.S. Your offices are lovely. Good move on your part to remodel and maintain the historical attributes of the building while still making it modern.
Thams Agency has an honest, and straight forward approach to dealing with customers. They work hard to find the best insurance coverages and prices for the customer, while giving guidance and reasoning for customers to make the most informed decision possible.
You served my folks well and I have found no reason to switch elsewhere. Your company seems rooted in Denison and an asset to the community, which is always an important part of being in business in any community.
Virginia Dobler McCurdyCustomer since 2011
They have helped reduce my payments with discounts like homeowner, safe driving, multi car, etc. Their rates are better then the old insurance company I had, they just kept raising rates although I had never had an accident (and they didn’t have discounts either). When I first came in to to talk to Todd and ask about their rates, they were 50 % lower then what I was paying. Now they are even lower due to discounts.
The agents at Thams make you feel like you are part of a family. They are extremely personable and the level of communication exceeds any company I have had experience with.
Client since 2004